Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Nothin' Lasts Forever Even Cold November Rain..."

Hello Everyone!  Here in Kansas City we are enjoying some dreary and wet fall weather.  But it did not stop me from walking to the post office this morning or driving out to Independence to share my thoughts and happenings of the past week to blog here with you. :)  If you are reading my blog for the first time ever, the story of how I began on my path to becoming a "Future Former Fat Girl" begins on my first blog post in April of this year so check it out!

I am still following Live Big with Ali Vincent from the Live Well Network.  I wanted to post a link to a segment that features a friend of Ali's named Marcie who is her newest addition to the list of people that Ali is helping to reach their weight loss goals.  Check this out!  I really do love the show.  Dancing Past a Plateau-From Live Big with Ali Vincent

A couple of weeks ago I reached my 100 class milestone in Jazzercise for the year!  Plus November is my anniversary month so a year ago this month I took my fitness goals to a new level and joined Jazzercise.  My life has been so different since then and I love all the instructors and ladies there!  November 1st started a new attendance incentive program that if you complete 20 classes between 11/1 and 12/24 you get this stunning little silver Jazzercise coin purse.  The last incentive program they did through the summer I did get through and the prize was a Jazzercise Leopard tote bag that I use for my swimming gear.   Right now my very favorite routine we are doing in class is the Jennifer Lopez "I'm Into You".  I get to shake my Latina money-maker in that one and show off- lol!  ITS SO MUCH FUN!  They have a yearly incentive program too.  If you make 150 classes for the year you get this cool Jazzercise t-shirt that says "Jazzercise Rocks You to the Core".  I am 41 classes away from that goal so I am definitely going for my classes tonight and tomorrow.   I am loving my Pure Muscle strength training class and tonight is my last one.  It has been a lot of fun.  I love all the incentives because it keeps you going toward your goals. 


Happy Anniversary to ME!

I have so loved this class!  And it is TOUGH!!

This week another family member passed away.  My cousin Rose's husband of 67 years Clarence died.  He was such a wonderful person.  When I first contacted them in 2004 to discuss family history and get to know them they were so open and wonderful and Clarence's memory and recollection of details truly breathed life into the people that I was researching, reading about, and had never seen the faces of.  They shared wonderful pictures and video, etc.  I am so happy to have had Clarence as a part of my life.  I will miss him dearly.  With that said, I am posting a picture of when I attended their granddaughter Heather's wedding back in 2008 and a pic of me now in 2011 going to my cousin Kristin's wedding.  I have always tried to be at all my cousin's family events and even when I weighed over 300 lbs that wasn't any different. 

My cousin Heather's wedding 9/27/2008.  Clarence, Rose, my mother Valerie, my cousins John, Patti and me.

Me before Kristin's wedding 10/29/11- 100 lbs lighter and still going! Check out my gold Fergie shoes! 

My Mother Valerie, me, my cousin Kristin and her mom Shirley
Well I am going to wrap this up so I can make it to my 30 minute Jazzercise Express class followed by my Pure Muscle class.  Gotta get that coin purse- it will be a cute and hot addition to my other sexy accessories LOL!  Of course tonight is Biggest Loser Season 12 and I am anxious to see the drama in store and the accomplishments of the contestants.  Its a weekly inspirational must for me every Tuesday night!

Take care of yourself everyone and my mantra for this week is "Keep Your Eye on the Prize".  Until next week- peace out! *muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment