Monday, January 9, 2012

Short and Sweet

Hey Blog Peeps!  This one is short and sweet for this week.  I have been sick so my exercise has halted until today!  I am ready to go try my very first Zumba class tonight.  They are providing a free class for us twice a week at my workplace for a month to see what response they get and if people like it.  I thought this would be a fun, new way to enjoy my dance workout.  So now I have Zumba AND Jazzercise!

Plus I live in a very cool little city.  My city has a Healthy Citizens Initiative.  They provide reimbursement for a gym membership at 3 local area community centers.  Since my Gold's Gym membership is up this month and I have cancelled my membership, I signed up for the year at North Kansas City Community Center and the City of Riverside, MO pays 75% of the membership and I pay the other 25%.  I paid approximately 100.00 for an annual membership and they have a pool there that I just love.  I am looking forward to getting my swim on! 

This is enough on my plate for now as this will keep my workouts fresh and different and moving.  At the end of the month I will resume boxing classes with my fave trainer Franchesca and I am working on my bucket list items that I mentioned in my last blog.  Actually now I have a couple of new additions to this list.

1.  I want to learn how to Flamenco dance.  The Spanish artform with castanets and all.  There are actually a couple of different places that offer this type of dance lessons in my area so I am looking forward to pursuing that- I think it would be FUN!  I mean can't you just see me doing something like this?? 

2.  I want to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Challenge race that is in select cities around the country this year.  The race goes on August 3-5 in Cleveland, OH.  If I join a team, I could walk 60 miles yes SIXTY miles in 3 days along the shores of Lake Erie.  I am excited.  This is the perfect time of year because then I could be there for the Feast of the Assumption in Little Italy and truly take my journey full circle to where this all began for me.  Susan G. Komen 3 Day Challenge  Feast of the Assumption Festival- Cleveland OH

Soooooo with all of this on my mind and my heart right now I have much in life I wish to accomplish and my life through weight loss and the journey it takes me keeps opening my eyes to how much more I really want to do and that I dont want to waste a single second!  I am reassessing everything in my life that does not empower or encourage me.  I am reading Joel Osteen's new book "Every Day A Friday" and it is SO good and SO motivational.  After I finish reading this I am ready to take on the new book by Jennifer Hudson called " I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down."  I heard her story on TV this week and she is truly an amazing person.  I can't wait to read this book.  These things are truly tools of my journey.  Anything that gives a positive message and sends me in the direction toward making my life dreams a reality is a big PLUS in my book. :)

Wish me luck in Zumba class tonight- my goal is two Zumba classes this week and 6 Jazzercise classes and some pool time at the center.  Cant wait!  I am serious about this 35lbs by May.  Take care and have a great week! 

I am here to listen so drop me a line, what are your fitness goals?  What dreams do you have that you want to fulfill?  Motivation works both ways and I am motivated by motivating others so if you are in a slump or if something I am writing helps you out, LET ME KNOW!!  I will leave you with this awesome pic that a friend of mine shared on his Facebook page that fits my blog perfectly. 


Take care and have a wonderful week!!  *hugs!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment