Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hey Blog Peeps!! Que Pasa?  What's Happening?  LIFE IS GOOD here in the big Kansas City.  I experienced so much of my city this past week.  First, my cousin Shug's bride to be Erika had her bachelorette party and I was lucky enough to get a Saturday night off work and get to go.  My first happy moment of the evening was when I was selecting what I was going to wear and I pulled out my tightest pair of size 16 black jeans.  Usually I have to really suck it in to get them on and wear spanx to pull it off.  But that night they slid on without any trouble and I even had room!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!  I can tell in my clothes my hard work is paying off.  What a wonderful feeling!

We started off the night with a dinner at Manny's Mexican Restaurant.  I watched everything that went into my mouth.  I had grilled chicken fajitas that were awesome.  I had a lovely "Skinny" Margarita and Iced Tea.  A bit blurry but you can see that this looked good. 



After Manny's we went over to Erika's house and she opened gifts and there was of course more alcohol.  I brought my own "Skinny" Margarita and had vodka and soda.  The KC Strip Party Trolley Bus came to the house and picked us up. We stopped at a bar called The Well in the Waldo neighborhood of Kansas City.  I saw Gala Apple flavored Stoli Vodka.  I had that with soda and it was YUMMY!  We also stopped at a place called the Velvet Dog and finally we went downtown and I swear I thought I stepped out in Los Angeles!  This club was called Luna and it was right out of a Paris Hilton party reality show.  I had the BEST time.  I danced with my cousins up on this ledge by the DJ.  Amazing fun.  And I got carded at the door.  REALLY???  It made my day!!  I never got carded when I was 19 and sneaking in bars much less now when I am going to be 40 soon.  I danced and danced and danced some more all night.  I wanted that calorie burn but I also wanted to have fun and I really did.  Here is a pic of me and my cousin Alesia with the big Purple Bunny that drove us around on the Party Bus.  I HAD A BLAST!  I cant wait for the wedding. 





Another cousin of mine, my lovely cousin Nikki who lives in St. Joe, Missouri sent me the most wonderful message just out of the blue the other day and I want to share it with you.  "I was looking at stuff online about weight loss tips n tricks and seen this picture and thought of you. You have come such a long way and I am so proud of you!"  How can this not make you cry and feel inspired that your family supports you in such a way?  Here is the pic she attached to that message.  Thanks Cuz! *muah!*

She also asked me a couple of questions today that I want to answer here because someone else may be wondering the same things.  "Hey So, i have a question, should i eat and then work out or work out and then eat? also, since im just starting out, how long should I really work out? how many ounces of water should I drink a day? sorry for all the questions!"  First I LOVE QUESTIONS!!!  Secondly, you should eat before working out to give you the energy to power you through your workout.  You should also eat after a workout but this should be protein.  Protein is essential for recovery after a workout.  It should be a protein shake, bar or another protein source.  Water... if you aren't hydrated weight loss cannot happen.  My trainer Franchesca always said you have to drink at least a gallon of water a day.  A gallon is 128 ounces.  I strive for this all the time.  I know you can do it Cuz!  Thanks for the great questions.  Ali Vincent answers questions like these all the time on her show.  You can catch it online or on air on The Live Well Network.  Live Big with Ali Vincent

As many of you know I struggle with fatigue and terrible food cravings during PMS.  I have been fighting PMS hard this time.  I did make it to workout anyway during times of extreme fatigue and I made some good food at home to counter those crazy cravings.  I wanted salty/crunchy stuff so I made dip from light sour cream and salsa and had Genisoy Brand Soy Crisps that were garlic and onion flavor.  110 calories for 17 of them!!  They are similar to a rice cake.  I also made a pizza using a low carb tortilla that had 70 calories and used light olive oil to make it crispy then put pizza sauce, light mozzarella , olives, onion, peppers.  It was YUMMY and satisfied my cravings.   There were some wonderful alternatives for "pub or bar" food favorites and appetizers on Dr. Oz this week.  Check this out! Dr. Oz Reduced Calorie Restaurant Appetizer Favorites

This week I will hit 50 classes for the year at Jazzercise.  I cant wait.  50 out of the 150 I need for the year to get the new shirt for this year.  I assure you I will be working out there a lot with this 40 pound challenge I am doing.   I also tried something new this week.  I didnt think I would be able to physically do it and I was afraid of being the "big girl" in class but I went out on a limb and tried the new PiYo Pilates Yoga fusion class that started at my gym yesterday.  They agreed to allow me to try the class before investing 17.50 for the series that lasts until June 6th.  Let me tell you it was tough but I did it and I was SO PROUD of myself for being able to do it.  I love it and cant wait for next week.  And I wasnt the only "big girl" in class and I was able to double up mats so I wouldnt hurt my knees.  I can do this!!!  After the class I made my way down to the pool and put in my time there and then closed the gym down with walking 2.5 miles on the indoor track. 

I got a lot of extra workout in this week too.  My 8 year old cousin Payton from Ohio sent me her Flat Payton to take around Kansas City.  This past week I was a tourist in my own town.  I took the stairs EVERYWHERE and walked as far as I could.  I still also managed to get my regular workouts in.  I went to Bass Pro Shops, walked at their Waterfall Park there, went to Crown Center and walked in there and visited the Sea Life Aquarium, the Animal Tales and Trails Free Exhibit, the Crayola Store.  I also went to the WWI National Museum at Liberty Memorial, Union Station and the Country Club Plaza to name a few.  Here is a link to my photo album posted on Facebook of my adventures with "Flat" Payton. Photos of Adventures with Flat Payton in Kansas City  It was a lot of fun and I found ways to incorporate exercise into each day's activities.  Big Plus!!  When I went to the Plaza with my mom we went to lunch at Seasons 52 Fresh Grill and everything on the menu is under 475 calories.  The food is fresh and seasonal-hence their name.  It was the best tasting food I have had in a very long time.  We LOVED it!  Here is a pic of the flatbread my mom and I shared and the lovely raspberry gorgonzola spinach salad I had.  I cant wait to go back!  Seasons 52


One more share- here is a video clip of Season 12 at home winner Jennifer Rumple showing how she lost 145 pounds in the pool.  This is awesome and you have to check it!!  I am forever in the pool and it is awesome cardio burn and resistance training.  I love Jen she is such an inspiration.  Jennifer Rumple Pool Workout Video

Finally, Rubina Nalbandian, who is a participant on Live Big with Ali Vincent has already been losing since weighing in at 386.  Her story is amazing.  She just did a hike at Runyon Canyon with Ali and other Live Big Participants for 2.5 miles.  Here is a great pic of her.  I love her and she inspires me BIG!!! 


Rubina, Alexandra and Matt- LIVE BIG!  I have that same towel!! :)

Well my time is winding down here at the library today and as always I am excited to share my journey with you.  I am definitely living the BIG life and making my way toward that 40 pound goal.  Have a wonderful week FB!!  Keep getting your INSPIRE on as Jen would say.  *peace*

 
  Here is my "skinny/strong" fave pic of me of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment