Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WOW From Difficult Week to Whirlwind Week




Hey Blog Peeps!  As many of you know that follow me on Facebook I met Ali Vincent here in Kansas City yesterday!  For those of you who may not know who she is, Ali is the first Female Overall Winner of the Biggest Loser.  She won the title on Season 5 of the show and she now has her own show on the Live Well Network. Live Well Network

She was taping a segment of "Ask Ali" for her show Live Big With Ali Vincent.  I got to talk to her and tell her a bit about my story, that I have lost over 100 lbs. and I had "before" pics to show her.  She was very happy to hear about my weight loss, hugged me and and she then challenged me to tell my weight on national TV which I did because its a number and its a temporary state.  I am proud of my weight because it shows how far I have come.  Then she challenged me to lose 40 pounds- yes you heard correctly- 40 pounds by September 7th when she returns for a Live Well Expo here in Kansas City that will promote healthy lifestyles, wellness, physical fitness, etc.  So being 3 days under 5 months out I have my work cut out for me.  So when my co-workers see me walking around our parking lot on breaks and putting in 10 minutes of stairs etc. they will think I am crazy BUT I am dedicated to this challenge.  I will weigh less than my original goal weight when I complete the challenge. 

Meeting Ali was a turning point for me and I knew it would be.  I had tears in my eyes when I talked to her.  I told her I was up for this because I had come this far and there was no turning back.  I meant that.

Because I have had multiple knee issues in the past that have set me back I have been resting 3 out of 4 of my work days and working out hard on my days off.  But this will now have to change because my weight will not decrease with that many days of no exercise.  So I will have to return to Sundays or Mondays being my rest day.  Since I seem to have brain decay on Monday (my Friday) I think this may be the day.

So my goals for this week are simple- track everything that enters my mouth; get to jazzercise every chance I get, get to the park and walk my behind off LITERALLY and get brave and use the weights and weight machines at my gym.  Also I need to get in my swimming and use noodles and water weights for resistance.  Ali said you can NEVER have enough cardio but strength training has to be there.  She suggested I wear ankle and wrist weights to workout at Jazzercise and use the ankle weights at work.  So I do have a pair of them and I am going to put them to use.  She also suggested that the very best gift I could purchase for myself is a Bodybugg.  A Bodybugg is a calorie tracking device worn on the arm.  It is used on the Biggest Loser Ranch on all their contestants and Ali wears hers religiously.  Here is a link to see what it is.  Bodybugg.  I am going to make the investment on payday IF I dont win one on the twitter party that Ali is hosting on Thursday where 2 BodyBuggs will be given away.  Yes I had to sign up for Twitter which I did not want to do but it will be cool.  You can follow me there at ginalipari@twitter.com

So we will see where we are next week.  I will need the support of all my friends and family to do this.  So if you are available to come swim or take a jazzercise class with me or just want to go roller skating or for a walk, let me know!!  I will take the extra calorie burn assistance where I can get it. 

My favorite Biggest Loser Contestant and At-Home Winner from Season 12 Jennifer Rumple gave me a shout out when I was feeling low last week that I want to share with you. " Gina Lipari ! Shouting your name right now! I JUST saw this post! I will pick you up, toss you about and stick my foot in your butt lady! :) We ALL struggle! That's when you gotta dig deep and find out what really makes Gina ... Gina! You'...re a fighter! Look at what you've done for yourself already! I'll read the post as soon as I can ... till then ... this is your SHOUT OUT to know I believe in you, YOU BELIEVE IN YOU ... and YOU CAN AND WILL attain every goal you set for yourself because you know anything is possible with belief in self and hard work! Now go get it! :) x #INSPIRE."  She is great and I appreciate her encouragement.  Here is a link to her latest video on Street Workout Tips that Save Money.  Check it!  Street Workout Tips

Here are my pics from my meeting with Ali.  She is awesome!  She will be keeping up with me and my progress.  Its on Peeps.  Have a great week!  I am inspired by so many who are out there doing the things they need to do to live the healthiest happiest life they can.  Share with me!!  LOVE HUGS and get your SWEAT on!

Me and Ali Vincent-the First Female Overall Winner of the Biggest Loser

Me and two other fans of the show with Ali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment