Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Walk in the Park




Today started out with my Ballet Body class.  LOVE THAT CLASS!   I realized today how much more flexible I am and that I was able to do the routine with much more ease that previous classes so with that accomplishment I am very happy.

This afternoon, my friend Terisa and I went walking 3 miles on the Streamway Trail that goes through Merriam and Shawnee, Kansas.  There are some really scenic areas along that trail so here are some pics from that experience.  I love getting out and seeing new areas and walking different trails.  It keeps the exercise fresh and it warmed up just enough and stopped raining long enough to do something.

This afternoon after my three mile walking adventure I went to my boxing class with my trainers Franchesca and Paul.  It was awesome as usual and today I feel like I am able to accomplish more.  I jumped rope for WAY longer than I have ever done at one time so that in itself was an accomplishment.  I am all about celebrating all the small victories because combined they make a BIG difference.

I also went to the library today and picked up some new reading material (I love inspirational stories of other people's journey through difficult trials).  I came across Carnie Wilson's "Gut Feelings" and Pat Benetar's "Between a Heart and A Rock Place".  I am learning that the journey of weight loss is not only about the amount of weight you lose or how you look but its about fixing what is not programmed correctly in the mind and for me inspirational reading material and sharing in this blog go hand in hand with the physical regiment I am keeping up with right now.  I don't want the weight to come back.  So to keep it off forever it has to be an entire lifestyle and mindset change.

I have ended my evening with watching my weekly dose of big inspiration on The Biggest Loser.  Two contestants went home this week but what was awesome to see and brought tears to my eyes was the emotional struggle of self worth and the subsequent HUGE accomplishment of the 100 pound milestone finally being reached by contestant Irene.  On tonight's show she came to realize that she is worth all the work she is putting in physically and for the first time she confronted the emotional reasons that contribute to the weight issues.  This is all part of the journey in its entirety and I am so thankful to be able to identify with this show and the boost it brings me every single week.  Well two posts from me in one day is quite enough.  Have a wonderful night and thanks for taking the time to read this blog! :)

"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly."
– Isaac Asimov

No comments:

Post a Comment