Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weird Happenings

Well, Friday night proved to be an interesting experience for me all around.  I guess I should begin by saying that when it comes to the nuances of "dating" I am completely oblivious!  If a guy doesn't march or parade by with a sign that says "Hey, I'm Kinda Into You"  I have absolutely NO IDEA that its happening.  I contribute my complete and total ignorance in this arena to being a very young mother at age 16 so I never "dated" in in the first place.  I had a very very low self image and no self esteem for the majority of my life so this also a reason why I don't have any idea about being "hit on".  Ok, with that being said, Thursday night before I returned to work I went to have my hair trimmed, styled and highlighted.  It came out lighter than anything I have ever had done and I LOVE IT but what is even funnier is that every single guy that I associate with at work noticed and had really awesome compliments about it.  Amazing how a little blonde can do so much!  If I knew that I would get that much attention I would have done this a very long time ago!!  Anyhow, Friday night I was working and I was having conversation with a patron and he asked me very casually what time I got off work. Now remember the key to this entire blog for today is that I AM OBLIVIOUS!  I answered the question truthfully and then the next question was "do you have a boyfriend?"  and there was the big sign parading by so I recognized what was happening.  It was true, someone actually was hitting on me.  As the conversation progressed, we talked about meeting after I got off work for breakfast.  I thought to myself that this seemed acceptable and that I should be open-minded and go.  So when I left this person to go to break and subsequently my next assignment I told him I would probably be back later.  I wasnt sure if this was going to come to fruition but at least I was going along.  I would encounter this person during my work night again much later in the evening (well early morning but still evening for me).  But this time the conversation was shall we say.. explicit on his part and then I knew what the agenda was.  But I insisted that we would only go out for breakfast and talk.  But this is not what said person was interested in or pursuing with me and I ended up declining that offer completely.  I guess the whole point of this story being shared is that I, Me, Gina the Future Former Fat Girl was telling someone NO.  This in itself is utterly amazing because 1.  I have never had an abundance of offers to turn down; 2. any opportunity no matter how ridiculous that did manage to pop up I would jump at simply because I didn't think there would be any other offers.  Now I am DECLINING an offer.  Who I am and who I am becoming is truly changing.  Watch out world my awareness and my new blonde hair are coming! This experience taught me that I can get attention but that I dont have to settle for just ANY attention.  I will post a pic later of the new me.  I am looking forward to a week full of butt kicking jazzercise, boxing and walking and whatever else I can fit in.  A whole new world is opening up for me and I cant wait to see what is going to happen next.  Have a very Happy Easter everyone!  I am definitely going to be careful not to overindulge in the bounty of Easter dinner tonight before work.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment