Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walking for Omi








Its amazing the things that can bring old friends together.  Dusty Blegstad, an old friend from my band days and his wife Heather have a son named Omi.  He was born very premature because Heather had preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Omi was born weighing only 1 pound and 11 ounces.  His mom organized a team and we all walked in the March of Dimes walk on May 1st in support of their son.  Omi is a trooper and doing great!  I wasn't alone joining them to walk, they had many of Omi's nurses and family there also my great friend also from my band days Melinda and her kids came all the way from Buckner to walk with us too.  It is so awesome to think that these people have been my friends for over 20 years.  Here are some pics from that day.  More to blog later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment