Thursday, March 29, 2012



Hi Blog Peeps!  Well this week I feel as though I am just muddling through.  I had a 1.4 lb weight loss last week but I have hit some obstacles this week.  I have continued to workout but I had a friend in town this week and I indulged in pizza, wine and tiramisu on Tuesday, and crab legs and desserts on Wednesday at the buffet.  *sigh* But I did go to the pool on Tuesday then I went to jazzercise at the Independence location yesterday sooooo not all bad I suppose. 

Today is definitely self made "last chance workout" day.  After I finish blogging, I am making my way to my park to walk.  I came to blog and charge the MP3 player just for inspiration and of course I need my music for my walk.  I am going to attempt to jog through some of my walk today in hopes of getting a little bit of extra calorie burn. I will definitely be making my way to jazzercise and swimming and indoor track walking tonight.  I wanted to share a link with you on some arm exercises called Six Weeks to Sleeveless on a show called Mirror Mirror from the Live Well Network.  With summer on its way it has some really good tips.  I have a real problem with hanging skin on my arms and around the middle because of my large amount of weight loss.  Even though I workout regularly there will be no way of getting rid of some of this.  But I still try to tone.  It brings tears to my eyes somedays when I would LOVE to wear something sleeveless or a tank top or a sundress WITHOUT a shrug to cover my arms.  Six Weeks to Sleeveless

Saw this t-shirt on Facebook today that was designed by Season 12 contestant Vinny and I just love it so I will treat myself to one for my birthday.  I really love it!

I have been in self reflection mode since Tuesday this week.  Where I have been, Where I am going and how I value myself.  Many of you dont know this but I was a young mother at age 16.  My daughter is 23 and a mother herself.  Yes reluctantly I must admit that I am a 39 year old grandmother. *ugh!* I have had a lot of difficulty accepting that dreaded title for many reasons.  One is my daughter and I do not have a relationship to speak of and havent for almost 2 years.  Secondly I think that since my youth was spent being a mother, doing all the things that moms do, school activities, Scouts, dance lessons, etc.  I had to grow up fast so just now as my body is changing, my life is awesome in respect to my job and my friends and my love of working out and taking care of me; I want to live a youthful, healthy and FUN life!  For the first time in my life I am getting attention from guys which is still so foreign to me but I love it.  It contributes to my feeling of attractiveness, sexiness, beauty, etc. 

A couple of weeks ago I went on a dinner date and the guy told me he thought I was 31!  LOL that is awesome!  It was a one time date but I had fun and hopefully the comment was sincere.  I dont feel as though I am almost 40.  I am ready to enjoy, savor and embrace all life has to offer.  Life is too short not to!  



Joel Osteen said in his broadcast called "The Promise is in You" that before you were born God knew you and planned out all your days.  He has solutions to problems you havent even had.  WOW!  It is hard to think that your life is planned out before you but its true.  I know that my life has a purpose and a plan and being the healthiest best me is part of that plan.   I am ready to step into the next faze of my destiny and celebrate myself and SHINE!




I made a commitment to myself that regardless of what comes and how long it takes I will get to my goal weight.  With that in mind like I posted last week I am tracking again.  I did miss two days of tracking this week but picked it up again today.  When I was at the pool Tuesday evening, I saw my old Weight Watchers leader Kelli and she was so uplifting and supportive.  I loved her as my leader.  Then walking in to take a deep water bootcamp class that was going on was my current Weight Watchers leader Jennie.  She is equally awesome.  I have slacked on going to my meetings to weigh in because of the weigh ins for the contest at work.  I hate feeling prize fighter like with multiple weigh ins.  But I benefit from the meetings and I need to make an effort to go again. 

I did get my new glasses yesterday and I love them.  Like I blogged before I have never felt attractive in my glasses but now I am beginning to feel confident enough that I can carry myself with total confidence in my glasses or not.  Check me out!

I guess I dont have a lot to say this week.  I am ready for my cousin's wedding on Saturday.  Going to a Pure Romance party with another cousin on Friday before I go to work so that should be fun and I am going out with friends after the wedding on Saturday night.  Life is so good and I am very blessed!

Inspiration comes in all forms and in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I am inspired by people like Jennifer Rumple here is her segment on 7live about finishing the LA Marathon.  Check it out. Jennifer Rumple Marathon Segment  I am inspired by Courtney Rainville, Courtney Crozier- all Biggest Loser Contestants.    I am inspired by anyone who has enough inside of them to do what it takes to live life fully and richly.  HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!! Until we blog again!! *HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment