Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March Madness and Sudden Clarity


Hello Blog Peeps!  Now if only I could keep that positive message in mind on days like this my goal would not seem so far away.  I know I have made progress although slow.  It has been a couple of weeks since I last blogged.  I am currently in a funk so to speak.  As I mentioned in my last post I was having problems with difficult food cravings and fluctuations in my weight. Fatigue has also kept me from working out as much as I had been which was not helpful.  I was at my lowest weight on 2/19 but after my bout with the hormonal business I gained 7 lbs.  But I lost 3.5 last week so now I am only 3.5 over the lowest weight I have had on record. 

We are in the midst of our annual corporate weight loss challenge at work.  I am not really sure why but the pressure of these events actually seems to hinder my efforts.  So that is another reason I believe I gained earlier in the month.  But now yet again back on track.  Reflecting on my many struggles with plateaus and my hormonal issues with weight loss over the last couple of years I realized that my weight loss pattern resembles a crazy line graph such as this one lol! If I keep going down and working hard for every peak that happens during the crazy craving times will eventually get me closer to my goal.

I also realized today that I am only 9 weeks out from my 40th birthday.  So this means I really need to kick it into gear.  Lately because of my weight setback I have been mopey and unmotivated.  Some of this is also due to my schedule change at work and now the lovely Daylight Savings Time.  I was so scheduled with my workouts prior to our new schedule changes at work and I am just now getting back into a groove.  For example, last week I reached my first goal at Jazzercise for the year.  150 classes in a calendar year earns you a Jazzercise T-Shirt and the new one for this year is cute but runs small so I want to make sure that it fits well by the time I earn it.  They recognize each 25 class milestone.  I earned my first 25 classes so only 125 left to go.  Actually its less than that now but every class gets me closer.  Usually this would have me ecstatic but like I said I am in a slump.  I also felt like giving up last week.  Discouraged with the amount of time this journey has taken me.  I will have been at this 3 years in August and frankly I am getting tired. 

I am also experiencing some emotional issues.  Dealing with the reality of the complexity of the relationships in my life with family and close friends.  There are definitely still some underlying issues I need to get control of before my weight loss will be permanent and my life being lived to the absolute fullest.

Like I mentioned above today is the first day I feel some of my groove getting back.  I went to Jazzercise for 2 hours this morning and after I am done blogging here I will hit the park.  It is a lovely 82 degrees and sunny in Riverside, Missouri today AND MY PARK IS OPEN!!!  I think I need the sunlight exposure to boost my mood.  Since I work overnights my Vitamin D levels become low and at its lowest I start feeling this mopey depressed stuff.  My soul needs my river park! 

Remember I go through times that are tough and I did not lose over 100 lbs. without feeling like I want to give up on occasion or being discouraged by injury or plateaus or the family occasion with all the wonderful food.  I am human and have the same obstacles.  Support during these times is critical and it is when I turn to motivational reading, success stories, anything I can get my hands on to get my mind in the positive.



I am preparing for my first out of town outing of the season at the end of the month.  My cousin Hallie is getting married in Boonville, Missouri so I have the day off to go and see some of my cousins that live in Iowa that I never get to see.  I am excited to get out on the road even if only for a short distance. 

I was also asked a while back to help start a walk/run group at work so that is supposed to start later this month and I will go with any other employees who are interested to walk or run at the park, or the levee, or a 2 mile radius at the property.  I am excited and honored to get to do this and I know it will help my weight loss venture in a new direction and get me ready for the Trolley Run 4 mile race in April. 

I guess I will close this blog with a reminder that obstacles and life in general just happen but reigning yourself back in and getting yourself on track is key to permanent weight loss.  I know I am headed in the right direction.  Be kind to yourself no matter if you are just starting the journey or if you are frustrated like me in the middle/end of your journey.  This pic reminded me of where I have been and how important kindness to yourself is when trying to change your life.



These positive message images appear a lot on Facebook, etc.  And I love blogging them.  The final pic I will post is the kick in the pants that some of us need every once in a while.  I think I need to take a pole dancing class.... maybe thats what I need LOL!  Have a wonderful week and get active doing something.  Be kind to your soul and to your physical body whatever it takes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment